Shopping for cheap Collierville car insurance on the web may be impossible for beginners to comparing rates online. With dozens of choices, how can consumers effectively compare the different rates to find the best available rates?
Finding the best rates in Collierville is not rocket science. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Tennessee drivers only need an understanding of the tricks to compare company rates online.
Low Cost Collierville Car Insurance
Shopping for lower car insurance rates can be exhausting if you don’t know the most efficient way. You could waste time talking about coverages with agents in Collierville, or you can utilize online quotes to get prices fast.
Many insurance companies enroll in a system where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and each participating company then gives them pricing determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to doing it this way is you don’t know exactly the providers you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to compare, we put together a list of car insurance companies in Tennessee. Click here for list of insurance companies in Tennessee.
It’s up to you which method you use, but double check that you are using the exact same deductibles and coverage limits on every quote. If you are comparing mixed coverages it will be impossible to find the best deal in Collierville.
Save $383 a year. For real?
Tennessee drivers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by Allstate, Geico and Progressive. All the ads make an identical promise of big savings if you change to their company.
How does each company say the same thing?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a preferred risk could possibly be a mature driver, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. Any driver who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to these standards will be quoted a higher premium and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. This is how companies can make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
These discounts can slash car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Distant Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To choose providers who offer car insurance discounts in Collierville, click here.
Quote online but still have a local agent
A small number of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this short form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will battle to get your business. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. Now that’s easy!
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Collierville car insurance agents are either independent or captive
If you’re trying to find local Collierville agents, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either independent or captive. Both insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can impact your selection of an agent.
This type of agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from captives primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Collierville captive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 356 New Byhalia Rd # 1 – Collierville, TN 38017 – (901) 853-1414
- Farmers Insurance Group – 155 N Main St – Collierville, TN 38017 – (901) 452-9030
- Allstate Insurance – 1114 Poplar View Ln – Collierville, TN 38017 – (901) 853-5442
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 745 W Poplar Ave # 3 – Collierville, TN 38017 – (901) 850-5002
- Shelter Insurance – 567 W Poplar Ave – Collierville, TN 38017 – (901) 854-6178
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, we recommend you include at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent agents in Collierville who can help you get rate quotes.
- Miller Agency – 610 W Poplar Ave # 3 – Collierville, TN 38017 – (901) 854-3456
- American National Insurance Co – 231 S Center St – Collierville, TN 38017 – (901) 853-1234
- Direct General Ins Agency – 555 S Center St # 1 – Collierville, TN 38017 – (901) 854-5858
- Brisa Insurance Svc – 1108 Poplar View Ln N – Collierville, TN 38017 – (901) 854-6350
To view a complete directory of Collierville insurance agents, please go to this site.
Upon receiving satisfactory answers and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurance agency that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
More detailed Tennessee car insurance information is available at the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance website. Tennessee drivers can find out industry alerts, find a variety of consumer forms, and discover disciplinary actions.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices and even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Cheaper car insurance is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Collierville agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.