Did budget coverage turn out to be overpriced auto insurance? Believe me, many Conroe consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy. People have so many auto insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to get the best deal.
Consumers need to compare premium rates as often as possible because prices change regularly. Just because you found the lowest quotes two years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
More affordable rates with these auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Early Switch Discount – Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get .
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a . Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your auto insurance provider.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, pay-in-full, good student, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, multiple autos, safe vehicle, accident-free, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, emergency road assistance, renters, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide may include discounts for good student, family plan, anti-theft, defensive driving, and accident-free.
When quoting, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not be offered in your state. For a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Texas, click here.
Most of the larger companies like State Farm, Geico and Progressive allow consumers to get prices direct online. Comparing rates online is fairly straightforward as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Once entered, their rating system orders your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote determined by many factors. Quoting online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and type in your information can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it is imperative to do this if you want to get better prices.
There is a better way!
The preferred way to compare rates requires only one form that gets price quotes from several companies at one time. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online shopping much more efficient. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you can choose your choice of the quote results. If you find a better price you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. This process takes less than 15 minutes and can result in significant savings.
To save time and find out how much you’re overpaying now, simply click here to open in new window and fill out the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
In the end, you save
You just read a lot of tips how to save on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and Geico.
As you , it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price.
Lower-priced auto insurance can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.