Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can dwindle your checking account, especially in this economy. Comparison shopping is a smart way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the best coverage at the best rate
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes every six months because insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest rates last year you can probably find a better price now. So forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the best methods to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Finding affordable coverage in Cottonwood is not rocket science. But Arizona consumers must learn the way insurance companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Low Cost Cottonwood Car Insurance
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from local in Cottonwood, Arizonacar insurance companies. The best way to compare insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be done in several different ways.
- Probably the best way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This form eliminates the need for a different quote for each company. In just a few minutes this one form will return price quotes from many national carriers.
- Another way to compare rate quotes is going to the website for every company you want to comare and request a quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Progressive, Safeco and GEICO. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in Cottonwood, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you’re using identical coverages and limits with every price quote. If each company quotes different deductibles it’s not possible to make a fair comparison in Cottonwood. Having just a slight variation in coverages can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding the best offered rates.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Most are applied at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Sign Online – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will reduce your premiums.
To choose insurers with the best car insurance discounts in Cottonwood, click here to view.
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Arizona?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Much more information about car insurance in Arizona is located on the website for the Arizona Department of Insurance found here. Arizona consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, discover disciplinary actions, and find out which companies have the most complaints.