No normal person likes paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that they are paying too much. Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to find the lowest rate
When looking for , there are a couple ways of comparing rates from lots of Georgia auto insurance companies. By far the easiest way to compare insurance prices is to get quotes online. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
The easiest and least time consuming way consumers can make multiple comparisons is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for every auto insurance company. Filling out one form compares rates from many national carriers.
A different way to compare prices consists of visiting the website of each company and fill out a new quote form. For example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Geico, Progressive and Farmers. In order to get each rate, you would have to go to every website and type in your information over and over, which is why first method is reommended. For a list of links to insurance companies in Covington, click here.
The last method to shop rates is physically going to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing rate quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you want the advice and guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Although you can comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The approach you take is up to you, just be sure to compare identical coverage data for every company. If you compare different coverage information you can’t possibly make a fair rate comparison in Covington. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages or limits can make a big difference in price. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best price. Some regional insurers cannot provide quotes online, so you should also compare quotes from them, too.
Smart consumers can cut their prices
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower premium levels. Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent auto insurance claims – If you file claims often, you shouldn’t be surprised to get much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Georgia generally give lower rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest rates tend to be for economy passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Cheaper premiums for prior coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Georgia DMV.
- Male rates may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Save money with these auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may be missing some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Claim Free – Covington drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driver skills may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be offered in Covington.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Covington insurance agency
Some people would rather buy from a local agent. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Covington.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Covington who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Insurance agent types
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Covington agents can be categorized as either independent or captive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
The following are Covington independent insurance agents who can help you get free rate quotes.
Gary Massey Insurance Inc – 1159 Monticello St SW – Covington, GA 30014 – (770) 786-8461
Piedmont Insurance Assoc Inc – 2119 Pace St – Covington, GA 30014 – (770) 786-0405
Captive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the captive channel have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Captives cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are Covington captive insurance agencies who can help you get price quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 1094 Access Rd # A – Covington, GA 30014 – (770) 786-0905
Allstate Insurance – 8141 Highway 278 NE – Covington, GA 30014 – (770) 788-8911
For agencies in your area, you may want to visit this directory of Covington insurance agencies.
Picking the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is the quote a firm price?
More quotes mean more savings
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheaper auto insurance is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
To find out more about Georgia auto insurance
Additional information is located on the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website located here. Georgia drivers can find out industry alerts, find out which companies have the most complaints, read state legal mandates and laws, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
More related Covington auto insurance information: