Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me, there are many Dunwoody consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance. With consumers having so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it’s difficult to pick the most affordable provider.
The purpose of this article is to teach you how to effectively get price quotes. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. Georgia drivers just need to know the proper methods to buy auto insurance online.
How to Get Dunwoody Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Finding a lower price on insurance can be quick and easy. All that’s required is to take the time getting comparison quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The recommended way to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests to each individual auto insurance company. A single form compares rates from several companies.
- A less efficient way to get comparison quotes is going to each individual company website to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to compare USAA, State Farm and Allstate. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in Dunwoody, click here.
- The hardest way to compare rates is driving around to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to get prices online and get advice from an agent in your area.
However you get your quotes, make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage limits with each company. If the quotes have differing limits you will not be able to make a fair comparison in Dunwoody.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads make an identical promise of big savings if you switch your coverage to them.
But how can every company make the same claim?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For example, a preferred risk might be a mature driver, has no prior claims, and has great credit. Any new insured who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don’t meet this ideal profile must pay higher premiums which leads to business not being written. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently claim big savings.
This illustrates why drivers should get as many quotes as possible. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will have the lowest rates.
Are you getting all your discounts?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount with certain companies.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce your premiums.
For a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Georgia, click here.
What happened to insurance agents?
Some people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local businesses is important particularly in Dunwoody.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Dunwoody who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier!
If you wish to select a specific agent in Dunwoody, please view this page.
Deciding on a company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Upon getting positive responses for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, you may have just found an insurance company that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Situations that might require an agent
When choosing coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Georgia?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
More information is available on the website for the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner located here. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, report car insurance fraud, learn about specific coverages, and find disaster information.
Quote often and quote early
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for auto insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a small local company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Cheap auto insurance can be found from both online companies and with local Dunwoody insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.