Trying to find more affordable Ellensburg auto insurance can be a challenge for people who are new to comparison shopping online. With such a big selection of agents and insurers available, it can turn into a difficult challenge to find cheaper premium rates.
The purpose of this post is to help educate you on how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Washington consumers just need to learn the most efficient way to shop their coverage around online.
Do you qualify for discount auto insurance?
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Resident Student – who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow their auto insurance company to study vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Sign Online – A handful of auto insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include mature driver, teen driver, multi-car, early shopping, homeowner, and youthful driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for youthful driver, driver training, renewal discount, safe driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and air bags.
- SAFECO has savings for multi-car, teen safety rewards, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include hybrid vehicle, new graduate, safety features, good student, new vehicle discount, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To choose auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Ellensburg, click here to view.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-100.jpg" alt="Ellensburg Washington auto insurance“/>
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates takes advantage of the fact almost all companies will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give them some information like if you have an active license, which vehicles you own, your job, and the ages of drivers. Your details is instantly provided to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
To compare rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
You have control over your auto insurance costs
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that go into determining your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- No auto insurance policy gaps is important – Going without insurance is a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Washington DMV.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The more you drive each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Washington provide the best rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is intended for more catestrophic claims.
- Your age impacts your prices – Older drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure and get fewer tickets.Teen drivers are statistically shown to be more careless when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Persistent drivers can save
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims and even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Affordable auto insurance is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional reading for auto insurance information
More information is available on the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website. Click here for link. Washington consumers can read industry bulletins, view agent and company licensing information, read state legal mandates and laws, and learn about insurance regulations.