Buying cheap Enid auto insurance on the internet is difficult for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. Because there are so many insurers to choose from, how can Enid drivers effectively compare every one to find the best pricing?
Consumers need to price shop coverage once or twice a year because rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest price a year ago you can probably find a better price now. There is too much inaccurate information about auto insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some guaranteed methods to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison in Enid, OK
Getting a lower price on insurance is not rocket science. Drivers just need to take the time to compare quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways.
- The recommended way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This easy form prevents you from having to do multiple quote forms for each company. One quote request gets rate comparisons from multiple companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- A different way to get comparison quotes consists of going to the website for each individual company and request a quote. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from GEICO, Progressive and Travelers. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Enid, click here.
- The least efficient method of comparing rate quotes is driving to local insurance agencies. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional advice of a licensed agent. You can, however, comparison shop your insurance online but buy from a local insurance agent.
Whichever way you use, make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples coverage information with each company. If you have different liability limits then you won’t be able to find the best deal in Enid.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing over the internet.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will cut your premiums.
To choose insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Enid, follow this link.
Don’t I need to talk to an agent?
A small number of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local businesses is especially important in Enid.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. How’s that for easy!
Captive or Independent: There is a difference
When researching an insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Enid are either captive or independent. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they are different because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
The following are Enid independent agencies who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Mutual Of Omaha Insurance Co – 110 Sunset Plz # F – Enid, OK 73703 – (580) 237-5585
- Larry Anderson Insurance – 705 S Oakwood Rd # A3 – Enid, OK 73703 – (580) 233-2133
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Captives are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a captive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are captive insurance agents in Enid that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 1813 W Owen K Garriott Rd – Enid, OK 73703 – (580) 234-3657
- Shelter Insurance – 110 Sunset Plz # G – Enid, OK 73703 – (580) 234-3184
For a full directory of auto insurance agents in Enid, please click here.
Selecting an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How long has their agency been in business in Enid?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
Why you might pay higher rates in Enid
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
The list below includes some of the factors that factor into rates.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The performance level of the car you drive makes a huge difference in your rates. Small economy passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of companies provide better rates to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Insurance for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Letting your insurance expire will be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Oklahoma motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Ads can be misleading
Oklahoma consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads make an identical promise about savings if you move to their company.
How can each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a driver they prefer might be between 25 and 40, is a homeowner, and has a short commute. Any driver who matches those parameters will get very good rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who are not a match for the requirements will have to pay a more expensive rate and ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
Because of the profiling, it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know the company that will have the lowest rates.
Quote more, save more
We just presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a small mutual company.
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
Affordable auto insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Enid, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the Oklahoma Insurance Department website. Click here for link. Visitors are able to report car insurance fraud, find a variety of consumer forms, view agent and company licensing information, and find out which companies have the most complaints.