Being forced to pay for pricey auto insurance premiums can bottom out your accounts and force you to make sacrifices. Performing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Numerous insurers battle for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to get the lowest rate possible.
It’s a great practice to do price comparisons before your policy renews because auto insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best deal at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the right way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Seven things that influence your costs
Multiple criteria are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- Liability insurance is critical – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection when you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Teenage drivers in Michigan are statistically shown to be more careless when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance level of the car you drive makes a big difference in determining your rates. Lower cost passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Men pay more for insurance – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Both sexes cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Cheaper rates with high coverage deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Don’t get traffic citations – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Getting just one driving citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers get better rates compared to bad drivers. People who have license-revoking citations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
- Discounts for theft deterrents – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Escanaba auto insurance quotes
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you .
- Waiver for an Accident – but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any amount of discount should definitely cut the amount you pay for coverage.
Auto insurance companies that may offer these discounts are:
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Escanaba, click here.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Escanaba insurance agency
A small number of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important particularly in Escanaba.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in Escanaba who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Shown below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Escanaba that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Northern Insurance Inc – 601 Ludington St, Escanaba, MI 49829 – (906) 786-2122
State Farm Insurance – 331 N 30th St, Escanaba, MI 49829 – (906) 786-8000
Superior Insurance Co – 2510 1st Ave N, Escanaba, MI 49829 – (906) 786-2210
Don Johnson Agency Inc – 1710 Ludington St, Escanaba, MI 49829 – (906) 789-9277
Farm Bureau Insurance – 524 Ludington St # 102, Escanaba, MI 49829 – (906) 786-4757
Choosing an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Michigan?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is there a local claims center in Escanaba?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
After getting satisfactory answers to these questions and a good coverage price, you may have found an provider that can be relied on to adequately provide auto insurance.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Additional resources for Michigan consumers
Additional information can be found on the . Click here for link. Michigan drivers can find a variety of consumer forms, find out which companies have the most complaints, discover disciplinary actions, and find disaster information.
Smart shoppers get results
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while still protecting your assets.
More affordable auto insurance is possible on the web and with local Escanaba insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers sell through independent agents.