Scraping up a payment for overpriced auto insurance can overdraw your bank account, especially in this economy. Comparison shopping is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to cut your insurance bill. Having so many options, it’s nearly impossible to find the most affordable insurance company.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage periodically because prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the best rates on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Starting now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you how to quote online to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Finding affordable protection in Falls Church is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Virginia vehicle owners just need to learn the proper way to compare price quotes online.
How to Get Auto Insurance in Falls Church, VA
Finding lower Falls Church auto insurance rates can be quick and easy. The only requirement is to take time to compare quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This method keeps you from doing separate forms for every auto insurance company. Just one form gets rate comparisons direct from many companies.
- A more difficult way to find lower rates requires you to visit each company website to request a price quote. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Nationwide, 21st Century and GMAC. You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in Falls Church, click here.
However you get your quotes, ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for every quote you compare. If you compare different deductibles it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best in Falls Church.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Distant Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Falls Church may earn you a small savings because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To choose companies offering auto insurance discounts in Virginia, click here.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the website for the Virginia Bureau of Insurance found here. Visitors are able to find disaster information, get help finding coverage, discover disciplinary actions, and view a list of available companies.
And the best car insurance company is…
We just showed you some good ideas how you can shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
The cheapest auto insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Falls Church agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.