Comparison shopping for cheap Fayetteville car insurance is hard for drivers not familiar with comparison shopping online. With more and more companies in the marketplace, it can easily become a difficult situation to find cheaper car insurance rates.
Finding affordable coverage in Fayetteville is quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Georgia vehicle owners just need to learn the proper methods to buy car insurance over the internet.
Buy Fayetteville car insurance online
There are several ways to shop for car insurance, but one way is easier and takes less work. You could spend your day discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in Fayetteville, or you could use online quoting for quick rates.
Most major companies take part in a program where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and each company returns a competitive quote determined by their information. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms to each company. To find out how much you can save on car insurance click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to using this type of system is you cannot specify which insurance companies to receive prices from. If you would rather choose from a list of companies to compare rates, we put together a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in Georgia. View list of Georgia insurance companies.
Compare rates however you want, just ensure you’re using identical coverages for each comparison quote. If you use higher or lower deductibles then you won’t be able to truly determine the lowest rate in Fayetteville.
Drivers save money with these rate-reducing discounts
Companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you .
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down could qualify for cheaper rates.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Paper-free Discount – Some car insurance companies will give you a small discount online.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your overall premium however.
Some of the larger companies that may have most of these discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Check with each company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply in Fayetteville.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Georgia?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
More tips and info about car insurance is available at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, learn about specific coverages, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
Other related articles: