Finding cheaper premium rates on Glenwood Springs auto insurance may be difficult for people new to online price comparisons. With such a big selection of agents and online companies, it can turn into a difficult situation to find more affordable auto insurance rates.
Pricing the cheapest auto insurance in Glenwood Springs is not that difficult. Basically, anyone who buys auto insurance will most likely be able to save money. But Colorado car owners must know the way insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance company rates takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. All you need to do is give them rating details such as driver details, if you lease or own, your education level, and if you have an active license. Your insurance information is then submitted to many different companies and they return quotes within a short period of time.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Find hidden discounts on Colorado auto insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but a few need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a slight reduction on a .
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings when getting a .
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce the cost of your policy.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-theft, good driver, Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, and homeowner.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, driver training, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, bundle, and air bag.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, air bags, daytime running lights, multi-policy, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, anti-theft, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
If you want , ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be offered on policies everywhere. For a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Colorado, follow this link.
Local Glenwood Springs insurance agencies
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Glenwood Springs.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Glenwood Springs who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house because prices are sent to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-94.jpg" alt="Glenwood Springs insurance quotes” />
If you need to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents may be either captive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Glenwood Springs who may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Don Click Insurance – 302 8th St # 205 – Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 – (970) 945-8828
- Glenwood Insurance Inc – 1605 Grand Ave # K – Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 – (970) 945-9161
- Allee Agency Inc – 1512 Grand Ave # 204 – Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 – (970) 945-9179
- Williams Agency – 1605 Grand Ave – Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 – (970) 945-0737
Captive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Captive agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often purchase coverage from captives mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of captive insurance agents in Glenwood Springs that can give you price quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 51241 Highway 6 # 2 – Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 – (970) 945-9165
- American Family Insurance – 401 23rd St # 102 – Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 – (970) 945-2558
- State Farm Insurance – 125 Storm King Rd – Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 – (970) 928-5100
To choose from agencies near you, you can view this full listing of Glenwood Springs insurance agencies.
Picking a car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Glenwood Springs?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Should I buy only the required Colorado minimum liability coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Four decisions that affect insurance rates
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the things that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine rates.
- Your gender affects rates – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. They both cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage. Men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males cause the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
- More performance means higher costs – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Liability protection safeguards assets – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Add-on coverages you don’t need – There are many extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
There are still a few companies who don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper auto insurance is possible both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the website for the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance. Click here for link. Colorado drivers can read industry bulletins, learn about insurance regulations, and read consumer alerts.