Finding affordable Golden auto insurance is always hard for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. You have so many choices that it can be a real challenge to find the best price in Golden.
Comprehensive Golden Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Most companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide pricing on the web. Getting online quotes is fairly straightforward as you just type in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their system will order your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on many factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit many different websites and fill out multiple forms gets old quite quickly. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step if you want to find the best price on auto insurance.
An easier way to lower your rates utilizes a single form that gets prices from several companies at one time. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes online price comparison much easier to do. After your information is entered, it is quoted and you can select any or none of the returned quotes.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To find out what other companies charge, click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the coverages just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will receive rate quotes based on similar coverages.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount when buying auto insurance.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Good Student – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Colorado, click here.
Why some people pay less for insurance in Golden
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
The following are some of the factors that factor into prices.
- More miles equals more premium – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. It is viewed as being more mature it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Teenage drivers in Colorado are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, better glass coverage and term life insurance are some examples. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes have accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- An active claims history can cost you – Companies in Colorado provide better rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Neighborhood agents for auto insurance
Some people just want to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local businesses is important especially in Golden.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-18.jpg" alt="Golden Colorado car insurance prices”/>
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Golden who will battle for your coverage. You never need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. Now that’s easy! It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby.
What type of Golden insurance agency is right for you?
When researching local Golden agents, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Golden are either captive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
The following are independent insurance agents in Golden who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- National Flood Insurance Prgrm – 2801 Youngfield St # 300 – Golden, CO 80401 – (303) 275-3475
- John P Weidemann Agency Inc – 12970 W 20th Ave # D – Golden, CO 80401 – (303) 274-1991
- Dustin Chalupa Agency – 112 Rubey Dr – Golden, CO 80403 – (303) 279-3006
- Troy L Gonzales Insurance Inc – 820 Simms St # 11 – Golden, CO 80401 – (303) 232-5099
Captive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Farmers Insurance or Liberty Mutual. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Captive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often choose to use a captive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of captive insurance agencies in Golden willing to provide price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 112 N Rubey Dr # 110 – Golden, CO 80403 – (303) 384-0777
- Farmers Insurance Group – 2101 Ford St # 1 – Golden, CO 80401 – (303) 279-5054
- Allstate Insurance – 17700 S Golden Rd # 100 – Golden, CO 80401 – (303) 279-1133
- American Family Insurance – 12970 W 20th Ave # D – Golden, CO 80401 – (303) 274-2431
For a complete listing of Golden captive agencies, go to this page.
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Upon receiving good answers to these questions and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Colorado?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Click here for link. Colorado consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, read consumer alerts, and find out industry alerts.
Quote often and quote early
Lower-priced auto insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Golden insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.