Paying for high-priced car insurance can empty your bank account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to help make ends meet.
Because you have many different company options, it’s difficult to find the lowest cost provider.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance in Great Falls
Most companies give pricing on their websites. Getting online quotes is fairly simple as you simply enter the coverages you want into the quote form. After you submit the form the system requests credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on these factors. Online price quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time required to go to each company’s website and repetitively complete many quote forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s very important to do this in order to find lower prices.
The quickest way to find cheaper rates requires only one form to return rates from many companies. This type of form saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online quotes a little more enjoyable. As soon as the form is sent, it is quoted and you are able to buy any one of the quotes that you receive.
If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, click here and fill out the form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input the coverage information identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have a price comparison for similar coverage.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but some must be inquired about before being credited.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in Montana, click here to view.
Insurance agents can help
When buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
More information can be read on the website for the Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance through this link. Montana drivers can view agent and company licensing information, discover disciplinary actions, and learn about insurance regulations.
More comparisons equals lower rates
Cheaper car insurance is possible on the web in addition to many Great Falls insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
You just learned some good ideas how you can lower your car insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.