Nobody rejoices having to buy auto insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high. Big-name insurance companies like Allstate, Progressive and GEICO continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to ignore the propoganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
You should make it a habit to compare premium rates yearly since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rate last year you will most likely find a better price today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
To find the best auto insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from many different Nebraska insurance companies. The easiest way by far to compare insurance prices consists of shopping online. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- Hands down the most simple method consumers can analyze rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. One form submission will get you rate comparisons from many national carriers.
- Another way to find lower rates is going to the website for every company you want to comare to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, let’s say you want to see prices from Allstate, State Farm and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Hebron, click here.
- Even if you have time, the least recommended method to comparison shop rate quotes is driving around to local Hebron insurance agencies. The ability to quote online makes this unnecessary unless you require the professional advice that only an agent can give. Drivers can obtain prices from the web and have a local agent actually service the policy.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but ensure you’re using the exact same coverage information for every quote you compare. If you use different liability limits you will not be able to find the best deal in Hebron. Just a small difference in limits could skew the results. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding a better price.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Early Switch Discount – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down can earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- E-sign Discounts</strong – A handful of larger companies will give a small break on the web.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, good driver, driver’s education, good student, student away at school, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, good student, driver training, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new graduate, multi-car, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, good student, and newly married.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
Double check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered everywhere.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Hebron who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you instantly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Any good agent should know the answers to these questions.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Hebron?
What types of car insurance agents are in Hebron?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agents that you can choose from. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either captive or independent (non-captive).
These agents have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Captives are well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a list of captive insurance agencies in Hebron willing to provide rate quotes.
Farm Bureau Insurance – 431 Lincoln Ave – Hebron, NE 68370 – (402) 768-6218
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you need to get quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are Hebron independent agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Gary Peters Insurance – 424 Olive Ave – Hebron, NE 68370 – (402) 768-6796
Dick Walsh Insurance Inc – 1248 Lincoln Ave – Hebron, NE 68370 – (402) 768-6426
For more auto insurance agents in Hebron, link to this full listing of Hebron, NE insurance agents.
After getting positive feedback as well as quotes, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is reliable enough to adequately provide auto insurance.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Nebraska?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Nebraska?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
How your Hebron rates are determined
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Single drivers may get higher prices – Having a significant other helps lower the price on auto insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and responsible and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The higher the miles on your car annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Autos that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Verify your auto insurance coverage properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers – Beginning drivers in Nebraska are known to get distracted easily when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Too many claims will drive prices up – Companies in Nebraska give discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is intended for more catestrophic claims.
- Lower comp and collision deductibles cost more – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a dented fender, hail damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Your deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Lower rates for safer vehicles – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Well-known auto insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run ads in print and on television. They all make the point that drivers will save a bundle if you move your coverage. How does every company cost less than your current company? Here is how they do it.
Most companies require specific criteria for the driver that will not have excessive claims. For instance, this type of driver could possibly be over age 30, owns a home, and has a high credit rating. Any person who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably save money with a new company.
Insureds who don’t meet the requirements will see more expensive rates which translates to the customer buying from someone else. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “drivers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can truthfully make those claims. This illustrates why drivers must compare many company’s prices. It’s impossible to know which company will have the best premium rates for your profile.
A tidy conclusion
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your auto insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Additional detailed information can be found at the Nebraska Department of Insurance website. Nebraska consumers can file complaints about a company, learn about specific coverages, get help finding coverage, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.