Expensive car insurance can take a big chunk out of your savings account and put a big crunch on your finances. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
You have so many car insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates.
It’s important to take a look at other company’s rates quite often because rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best deal two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about car insurance online but I’m going to show you some tested techniques to buy car insurance cheaper.
Car Insurance Comparison Rates in Highland, Utah
Most companies allow you to get prices on their websites. Getting online rates is pretty painless as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system pulls credit information and your driving record and returns a price. This makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to get better prices.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
The quickest way to get multiple rate quotes uses one form that obtains quotes from a bunch of companies at once. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes rate comparisons much easier. As soon as you send your information, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the quotes returned. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. This process just takes a couple of minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
In order to compare rates now, simply click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Make smart decisions and save
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of car insurance companies will give a discount to people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Big city or small town – Being located in small towns and rural areas can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large Utah cities have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Even more information is available at the Utah Insurance Department website. Utah drivers can read industry bulletins, read state legal mandates and laws, and file complaints about a company.
More related Highland car insurance information:
- How to Lower Your Toyota Highlander Auto Insurance Rates in Ohio
- 5 Tips Proven to Lower Toyota Highlander Car Insurance Premiums
In the end, you save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
We just covered a lot of tips how to lower your car insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.