Are you burned out from scraping nickels together to insure your vehicles every month? You are in the same boat as many other drivers in Ohio. Drivers have many insurers to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes yearly since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest price six months ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. There is a lot of wrong information about car insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get some of the best techniques to reduce your car insurance bill.
Find hidden discounts on Ohio car insurance
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a course in defensive driving could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could qualify for slightly better prices than normal.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
To see a list of car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Hilliard, click this link.
Most of the larger companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm give insurance quotes on their websites. This process doesn’t take much effort because you just enter on the page. Once entered, the company’s rating system pulls your driving record and credit report and provides a quote based on these factors. Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time required to go to several different sites and type in the same information is a big time waster. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get better car insurance pricing.
A more efficient way to lower your rates makes use of a single form to return rates from multiple companies. It saves time, requires less work, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable and efficient. After sending your information, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the quote results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and can result in significant savings.
In order to compare pricing, click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in the coverages just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
Car insurance can get complicated
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Buy online or local, you save
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
The cheapest car insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Hilliard insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers work with independent insurance agencies.