Overpriced auto insurance can overdraw your budget and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Getting a rate comparison can help to lower your monthly bill.
Due to the large number of auto insurance companies to choose from, it can be hard to locate a lower cost auto insurance company.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates is to understand auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including what your job is, if you require a SR-22, which vehicles you own, and if you lease or own. That information is sent automatically to many of the top insurers and they return quotes quickly.
To find lower rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
Find discounts to get cheap Hollywood auto insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so below is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you .
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having more than one vehicle on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
A few companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not apply in Hollywood. To see companies that offer multiple discounts in Hollywood, click this link.
Why your cost might be higher
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- Your gender affects prices – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Both genders cause accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- How much liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage when you are found liable for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Big cities have higher premiums – Being located in a rural area can save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Incidental coverages can cost a lot – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Teen drivers cost more – More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims , and usually have better credit.Inexperience drivers tend to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Traffic violations hurt – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations like reckless driving or DUI may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Auto insurance is available from agents near you
A lot of people still like to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that can provide to get your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Hollywood?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
If you prefer to select a specific agent in Hollywood, see this full listing of insurance agents in Hollywood, SC.
After getting good answers to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, most likely you have located a company that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage.
Auto insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in South Carolina?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at the South Carolina Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to find a variety of consumer forms, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, report car insurance fraud, and view a list of available companies.
The following information may also be useful.
- Learn Proven Techniques to Save on Hollywood Car Insurance
- How to Get the Right Car Insurance Provider in Hollywood
Ads can be misleading
Consumers in South Carolina get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the best car insurance rates by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads say the same thing that you’ll save big if you move your policy.
How can each company have lower policy pricing?
Auto insurance companies quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that makes them money. An example of a profitable insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, carries high limits, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any customer that hits that “sweet spot” will get a cheap rate quote and will probably cut their rates if they switch.
Insureds who are not a match for those criteria will be charged more expensive rates and this can result in the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say “customers that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. This is how insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote. Each company has different criteria, so it is so important to quote coverage with many companies. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will have the best premium rates.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Discount auto insurance can be bought both online and with local Hollywood insurance agents, so get from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers work with independent agents.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
When getting , never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.