Purchasing cheap Ketchikan car insurance over the internet is intimidating for beginners to buying insurance on the web. With a ridiculous number of insurers available, how can you have a chance to compare them all to find the lowest price?
Get Cheaper Rates by Understanding Pricing
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what determines base rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like doctors, executives and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Better credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit rating is a huge factor in determining your rates. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your by repairing your credit.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Driving with no insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a lot of additional coverages that can waste your money on your car insurance policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and membership fees are some examples. These coverages may sound good initially, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Lower rates come with age – Teenage drivers in Alaska have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
Comprehensive Ketchikan Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
All major car insurance companies give coverage prices on their websites. This process is quite easy as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Once entered, the company’s rating system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price.
This simplifies rate comparisons, but the work required to visit different websites and type in the same information is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s very important to do this in order to get the lowest car insurance rates.
There is a better way!
A more efficient way to lower your car insurance bill utilizes a single form that analyzes rates from several different companies. It saves time, reduces the work, and makes comparison shopping a lot less work. After your information is entered, it is rated and you can select any or none of the resulting price quotes. If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting a price comparison for similar coverage.
Can you really save $411 a year?
Companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads on television and other media. All the ads make an identical promise about savings if you move to their company. How can each company claim to save you money?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk might be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and has great credit. A driver who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who are not a match for these standards will be quoted a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy digitally online.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially compared to bad drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Additional detailed information can be read at the Alaska Division of Insurance website. Alaska consumers can read industry bulletins, read state legal mandates and laws, and get help finding coverage.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read many tips how you can shop for car insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Lower-priced car insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood Ketchikan agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.