No one in their right mind enjoys paying for car insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
You have so many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates.
You should take the time to compare rates at least once a year because prices change regularly. Even if you got the best deal six months ago you may be paying too much now. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you how to use online quotes to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Lakewood is not that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. But Washington car owners do need to understand how companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Where Can I Get Cheap Lakewood Car Insurance?
The are a couple different ways of comparing rates from local in Lakewoodcar insurance companies. One of the best ways to find the cheapest insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
The best way to get quotes for comparison is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate forms to each individual car insurance company. Completing one form will return quotes from multiple low-cost companies.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-1.jpg" alt="Lakewood WA car insurance prices“/>
A more difficult way to analyze rates is to manually visit each company website to request a price quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want rates from State Farm, Safeco and Allstate. To get each rate you have to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Lakewood, click here.
The least efficient way of getting rate comparisons is to drive around to and from local Lakewood insurance agencies. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the personal advice only provided by licensed Lakewood agents. It is possible to obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverages on every quote. If your comparisons have different deductibles you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best in Lakewood. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits could mean much higher rates. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing more company’s prices gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
These discounts can lower your rates
Car insurance companies do not list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts in Washington, click here to view.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Washington?
- Should I buy only the required Washington minimum liability coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
For more information
More detailed Washington car insurance information is available at the Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner website. Visitors are able to find out which companies have the most complaints, learn about specific coverages, find disaster information, and file complaints about a company.
More related Lakewood car insurance information: