Buying cheap New Kensington auto insurance online may be rather challenging for consumers not familiar with price shopping online. With a ridiculous number of online companies, how can anyone have a chance to compare every company to locate the best available price?
It’s a good idea to shop coverage around quite often since insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you got the lowest price two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Starting now, forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to learn one of the best ways to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Auto Insurance Comparison Rates in New Kensington, PA
All major auto insurance companies give insurance quotes on the web. Obtaining pricing doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form their rating system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information.
Online quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit many different websites and complete many quote forms is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the lowest auto insurance rates.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
The preferred way to compare rates uses one simple form to obtain quotes from a bunch of companies at once. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes quoting online a little more enjoyable. After your information is entered, it gets priced and you are able to buy any one of the pricing results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
In order to find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. This way, you are getting a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in New Kensington, click here.
How insurance companies determine rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance of the vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in your rates. The most favorable rates tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Even one moving violation can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers with serious tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- An active claims history can cost you – Insurance companies in Pennsylvania generally give cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Verify your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes are in accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability section of your policy will protect you if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Your age impacts your rates – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be more careless when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in a small town can save you money when buying auto insurance. City drivers tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
Shop smart and save
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Discount auto insurance is definitely available online and with local New Kensington insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to get a better price on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Learn more about Pennsylvania auto insurance
More detailed Pennsylvania auto insurance information is located at the Pennsylvania Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, download brochures, find out which companies have the most complaints, and find a variety of consumer forms.