Are you regretting buying an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. There are many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to find a good deal.
Most larger insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO give price estimates directly from their websites. Comparing rates online is possible for anyone as you just type in your required coverages into the quote form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system collects your driving record and credit report and returns a price based on these and other factors. Online quotes makes it simple to compare prices but the time it takes to visit each company’s website and repetitively fill out multiple forms is a waste of time. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to get the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
Compare rates the easy way
An easier way to get multiple rate quotes requires only one form to obtain quotes from more than one company. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes price shopping online much easier to do. After sending your information, it is quoted and you are able to buy any one of the pricing results. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. The entire process takes 15 minutes at the most and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will have a fair comparison for similar coverage.
Find discounts to get cheap New Roads auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Multiple Cars – Buying a policy with multiple cars with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save up to 20% and get you .
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used car can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could qualify for substantially lower premium rates.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with every company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply everywhere. For a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in New Roads, follow this link.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Even more information is available at the Louisiana Department of Insurance website. Consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, view a list of available companies, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and discover disciplinary actions.