Nobody I know looks forward to paying for auto insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. There is such a variety of insurers to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to find the best rates.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because rates are constantly changing. If you had the best rates a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to quote online to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The purpose of this post is to let you in on how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Rhode Island drivers only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare prices over the internet.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Pawtucket, click this link.
What happened to insurance agents?
Some consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Pawtucket.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Pawtucket who will compete for your coverage. You never need to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier!
The following is a short list of car insurance companies in Pawtucket willing to provide price quotes.
Allstate Insurance Co – 720 Central Ave, Pawtucket, RI 02861 – (401) 728-8686
Roberts & Rawnsley Insurance – 1401 Newport Ave, Pawtucket, RI 02861 – (401) 727-2050
Blanchette Insurance – 864 Central Ave, Pawtucket, RI 02861 – (401) 725-0763
San Bento Agency – 494 Smithfield Ave, Pawtucket, RI 02860 – (401) 723-7210
Choosing an provider needs to be determined by more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Once you have acceptable answers to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an provider that will provide auto insurance coverage.
More Rhode Island auto insurance information
Additional auto insurance information is available on the website for the Rhode Island Division of Insurance Regulation located here. Rhode Island consumers can learn about insurance regulations, read consumer alerts, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
Do the work, save more money
We covered some good ideas how you can save on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or Geico.
Low-cost auto insurance can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Pawtucket, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.