Drivers fed up with high insurance prices and are new to comparison shopping online may find purchasing is harder than they anticipated.
It’s a good habit to check auto insurance prices quite often since prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest rate six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the best ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
Save a ton with these discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize every policy discount very well, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you .
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Pewaukee Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable driving data submission to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of auto insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Pewaukee, click here to view.
Getting more affordable auto insurance pricing is pretty simple and can save money. Just spend a few minutes to get quotes to discover which company has . It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The recommended way to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This method eliminates the need for a different quote for every auto insurance company. Completing one form gets insurance cost estimates from several companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A different way to find more affordable insurance is going to each company website and get a separate price quote. For example, let’s assume you want rates from Liberty Mutual, Farmers and State Farm. To get each rate you have to go to each individual site to enter your coverage information, which can get rather old. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Pewaukee, click here.
- The hardest method of getting rate comparisons is making phone calls or going to different Pewaukee agent offices. Buying insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the trained advice that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible with some companies get the lowest quotes online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using the same coverage limits for each price quote. If you enter different coverage information then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison in Pewaukee.
Get more affordable auto insurance with these tips
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the items used by companies to determine your premiums.
- How credit score affects auto insurance rates – A driver’s credit history is a large factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you may save money insuring your vehicle by repairing your credit. People with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest rates tend to be for small economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Liability protection limits should be high – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection in the event that you are determined to be liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Lower physical damage deductibles cost more – Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more of the claim you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- High claims frequency drives up prices – Companies in Wisconsin generally give the best rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Teen drivers pay more – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims , and usually have better credit.Young drivers tend to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
What if I want to buy from local Pewaukee auto insurance agents?
A lot of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And buying from local agencies is important especially in Pewaukee.
After filling out this simple form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Pewaukee who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to drive around because prices are sent to your email. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
When searching for a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Pewaukee can be described as either captive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get several quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Pewaukee independent agencies that may be able to give free auto insurance quotes.
- Bob Krueger Insurance – 112 Main St – Pewaukee, WI 53072 – (262) 691-3070
- Rebecca Malnar Agency – 112 Main St – Pewaukee, WI 53072 – (262) 691-2082
- Seeboth Insurance – 1285 Sunnyridge Rd – Pewaukee, WI 53072 – (262) 691-2288
- Donald Lynch Agency – 2417 Silvernail Rd – Pewaukee, WI 53072 – (262) 542-7175
- Richter Agency Inc – 1099 Quail Ct # 210 – Pewaukee, WI 53072 – (262) 691-4100
These agents write business for a single company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Captive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Captive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often use the same agent mainly due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Pewaukee captive agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 1177 Quail Ct # 203 – Pewaukee, WI 53072 – (262) 691-8985
- American Family Insurance – 112 Main St – Pewaukee, WI 53072 – (262) 695-1981
- Allstate Insurance – 1350 W Capitol Dr # 4 – Pewaukee, WI 53072 – (262) 691-0313
To find insurance agents near you, see this list of Pewaukee, WI auto insurance agencies.
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Save $450 a year. For real?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for auto insurance savings from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies advertise claims that drivers will save a bundle if you get a free and switch to their company.
But how can every company charge less that you’re paying now? This is the trick they use.
Insurance providers have specific guidelines for the type of insured that will be a good risk. A good example of this type of risk profile might be described as a married female, has no prior claims, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A customer that meets those criteria will get low car insurance rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t qualify for these criteria may receive more expensive rates and the customer buying from a different company. If you listen closely, the ads state “people that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make claims that they all have the best car insurance rates.
This really drives home the point why you need to compare price quotes frequently. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the best rates at this point in time.
Best coverage at the best price
We just covered some good ideas how you can shop for auto insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company is actually quite simple.
More information can be found on the website for the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance through this link. Wisconsin consumers can view agent and company licensing information, learn about insurance regulations, view a list of available companies, and discover disciplinary actions.