Shopping for low-cost Ramsey car insurance on the web can be impossible for people who are new to comparison shopping online. Since there are so many online companies available, how can Ramsey drivers effectively compare every company to locate the lowest rates?
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all available discounts very well, so we researched some of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less than less cautious drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Ramsey, click here.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What are Minnesota no-fault laws?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
But buying car insurance online seems impersonal
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. You never need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to your email. How cool is that?!
Choosing a company shouldn’t rely on just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Minnesota?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How are they compensated?
- How are claims handled?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
Different types of Ramsey insurance agencies
When looking for an insurance agent, there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Ramsey agents are classified as either captive or independent. While both can do a good job, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can influence the selection process.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some people will only buy from captive agents partially due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are captive insurance agents in Ramsey that are able to give rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 6017 167th Ave NW # 1 – Ramsey, MN 55303 – (763) 753-8988
- Farmers Insurance Group – 6957 Highway 10 NW # 200 – Ramsey, MN 55303 – (763) 421-5810
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Ramsey that can give you price quote information.
- Rick M Lupu Agency – 5926 167th Ave NW – Ramsey, MN 55303 – (763) 753-6595
- Bill W Weiss Agency – 5926 167th Ave NW – Ramsey, MN 55303 – (763) 753-5903
- Mike Brant Insurance – 6957 Highway 10 NW – Ramsey, MN 55303 – (763) 421-2292
For a full directory of Ramsey insurance agents, visit this site.
Once you have acceptable answers to all your questions and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your car insurance policy.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Minnesota drivers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings by Allstate and Progressive. They all make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you change to their company.
But how can every company say the same thing?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that makes them money. An example of a preferred risk might be profiled as over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A driver who fits that profile will get very good rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who do not match the “perfect” profile will be charged higher premiums and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently state the savings. That is why you need to get as many comparisons as possible. You cannot predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at the Minnesota Department of Commerce website. Minnesota consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, learn about insurance regulations, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and find disaster information.
Additional helpful sites include Wikipedia and this resource to find Ramsey, MN insurance agents.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
Lower-priced car insurance is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Ramsey agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.