Nobody cherishes buying car insurance, in particular when the cost is too high. Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with advertising and it is difficult to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may trigger a car insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Where Can I Get Cheap Roseville Car Insurance?
There are several ways to compare car insurance prices but some are less time-consuming than others. You can spend countless hours discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in Roseville, or you could save time and use the internet to get pricing more quickly.
Most major companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to send in one quote, and each participating company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating form submissions for each company.
To compare rates now click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to using this type of form is you can’t choose which carriers you want to price. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies to compare, we have assembled a list of car insurance companies in Minnesota. Click here for list of insurance companies in Minnesota.
Whichever way you use, be sure to compare identical coverage information for each comparison quote. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate in Roseville.
More effort can pay off
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on car insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.