Searching for cheap Spanish Fork car insurance on the web may be rather challenging for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. With so many choices of companies competing online, how can anyone possibly compare them all to find the cheapest available price?
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known car insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying car insurance.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Educated Consumers Know How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings.
The following are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Always keep insurance in force – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Utah motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one citation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. If you have flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- With age comes lower rates – Young drivers in Utah tend to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as judges, social workers and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as scientists, historians and performers pay the least.
- Marriage brings a discount – Getting married actually saves money on car insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When buying adequate coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- What are Utah no-fault laws?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Educated insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents in Spanish Fork who will return price quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Now that’s easy!
Selecting an insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
Different types of Spanish Fork auto insurance agents
When finding a good Spanish Fork insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can either be independent or captive. Both do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Captive agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Captives cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Captives are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Spanish Fork willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance – 185 N Main St – Spanish Fork, UT 84660 – (801) 798-9666
- American Family Insurance – 1086 N Main St – Spanish Fork, UT 84660 – (801) 794-0933
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 810 N Main St # 100 – Spanish Fork, UT 84660 – (801) 798-1603
These agents are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a list of independent agents in Spanish Fork that can give you price quote information.
- Stephen Wilson Insurance – 220 N Main St – Spanish Fork, UT 84660 – (801) 798-9288
- Randy Tuckett Agency – 67 E 100 N – Spanish Fork, UT 84660 – (801) 798-9849
- Security Insurance – 290 N Main St – Spanish Fork, UT 84660 – (801) 764-9223
To view a complete directory of licensed insurance agents in Spanish Fork, click here to link.
Upon getting acceptable answers to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that meets your needs to provide car insurance coverage.
Do car insurance companies bend the truth?
Consumers in Utah can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you switch your policy.
How do they all claim to save you money?
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer might be over the age of 50, has no tickets, and has great credit. A propective insured who fits that profile will get very good rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who fall outside the requirements will be quoted a higher premium which usually ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the savings. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
More information about car insurance
More detailed Utah car insurance information can be read at the Utah Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to read industry bulletins, learn about insurance regulations, read state legal mandates and laws, and read consumer alerts.
Do the work, save more money
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.