Scraping up a payment for high-priced auto insurance can sap your monthly budget and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and uncover the absolute lowest cost out there.
You should take the time to compare premium rates quite often since prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best deal a couple years back you may be paying too much now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance on the web, but you can learn the best ways to slash your auto insurance rates.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Finding affordable coverage in Vail is not rocket science. But Colorado car owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Do you qualify for discount auto insurance?
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but a few need to be specifically requested before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could be rewarded with substantially lower auto insurancerates.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a safe driver course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy digitally online.
- Multi-line Discount – Some insurance carriers give lower premium rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Vail could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
For a list of providers with discount rates in Colorado, click here.
Performing a rate comparison is a ton of work if you don’t utilize the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to insurance companies in Vail, or you could save time and use online quotes to get pricing more quickly.
All the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to complete one form, and each participating company provides a quote for coverage. This eliminates the need for quote forms for each company.
To participate in this free quote system, click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to doing it this way is that consumers can’t choose which companies to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to compare, we have a page of low cost auto insurance companies in Colorado. View list of Colorado insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using the exact same coverage data with each company. If you use different values for each quote you can’t possibly make a fair comparison in Vail. Slightly different insurance coverages or limits can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding the best offered rates.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
In this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding . Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. Some small companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Low-cost auto insurance can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
When getting , make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.