Nobody I know cherishes buying auto insurance, especially when the price is too high. Multiple insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to get the lowest price
Consumers need to compare prices periodically since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best deal a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some of the best ways to slash your auto insurance rates.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable coverage in Vienna is not that difficult. West Virginia drivers just need to understand the most effective way to compare company rates over the internet.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison in Vienna
Performing a rate comparison can be a lot of work if you don’t know the most efficient way. You could spend your day discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in Vienna, or you could use online quoting to get the quickest rates.
Most of the best insurance companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and every company returns a rated price determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests to each individual auto insurance company.
To find out what other companies charge click to open in new window.
The only downside to comparing rates this way is you can’t choose which providers to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose individual companies to receive pricing from, we have a listing of low cost auto insurance companies in West Virginia. Click to view list.
Whichever way you use, ensure you’re using the exact same coverages and limits for every company. If each company quotes different values for each quote it will be very difficult to determine the best price in Vienna.
Buyer beware of auto insurance advertising tricks
Consumers in West Virginia constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies have a common claim about savings if you change to them.
But how can every company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer could be between 25 and 40, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. A customer who fits that profile receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher prices and this can result in business not being written. The ads say “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why drivers should compare many company’s rates. Because you never know which auto insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked for before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Sign Online – A few companies will give a small break just for signing your application digitally online.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To choose insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in West Virginia, click here.
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in West Virginia?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Much more information about auto insurance in West Virginia is located on the website for the West Virginia Insurance Commission found here. West Virginia drivers can report car insurance fraud, read state legal mandates and laws, and file complaints about a company.
Smart consumers save more
In this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the best prices are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.