Searching for the cheapest Wake Forest car insurance on the internet is intimidating for people who are new to buying insurance on the web. With so many insurers to choose from, how can you even start to compare the different rates to find the best price?
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest rates a few years ago there may be better deals available now. So just block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn the right way to find lower rates on car insurance.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. The purpose of this post is to tell you the most effective way to quote insurance. But North Carolina consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies don’t list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Student in College – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes in Wake Forest
There are a variety of methods to compare car insurance quotes, but one way is more efficient than others. You could spend the better part of a day talking to insurance agencies in Wake Forest, or you can utilize online quoting to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Most major companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to enter their policy data once, and every company then returns a price quote based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms to each company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click to open in new window.
The one downside to doing it this way is you don’t know exactly the companies to get quotes from. So if you want to choose from a list of companies to compare, we have assembled a list of companies who write car insurance in North Carolina. Click here to view list.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use identical coverage information with every price quote. If you enter different liability limits it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison in Wake Forest. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. Just remember that more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates.
Rate influencing factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Never go without insurance – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- What are your deductibles? – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, vandalism, and burglary. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Occupations like real estate brokers, executives and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates in part from high stress and long work hours. Conversely, professions such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of insurers will award you with lower prices to customers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find better rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
A small number of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Wake Forest who will battle to get your business. You don’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. How cool is that?! You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to.
Picking an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in North Carolina?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Wake Forest car insurance agents are either independent or captive
When researching local Wake Forest agents, you must know there are a couple different agency structures to choose from. Insurance agencies in Wake Forest are categorized either independent or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies write business for a single company such as State Farm or Allstate. Captives cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Captive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a captive agent primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are captive insurance agencies in Wake Forest who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Co – 1002 Durham Rd # 600a – Wake Forest, NC 27587 – (919) 562-7265
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company but instead can place your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you should always get quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Many write coverage with smaller companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Wake Forest independent agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Triangle Insurance Group Inc – 1900 S Main St – Wake Forest, NC 27587 – (919) 562-1800
- Dalton Insurance – – Wake Forest, NC 27587 – (919) 676-9446
For a full directory of car insurance agents in Wake Forest, visit this site.
Once you have satisfactory answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an insurance agency that will provide car insurance coverage.
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you move your policy. How do they all claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a driver they prefer could possibly be over the age of 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute. Any new insured who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher prices which leads to business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to compare as many rates as you can. Because you never know which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Do the work, save more money
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest car insurance can be sourced online in addition to many Wake Forest insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to reduce car insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
North Carolina insurance information
More detailed North Carolina car insurance information can be found at the North Carolina Department of Insurance website. North Carolina consumers can find disaster information, learn about insurance regulations, and read consumer alerts.