No sane person loves paying for car insurance, in particular when the cost is too high. Since you have so many choices, it can be impossible to locate the right car insurance provider.
It’s important to do price comparisons every six months because prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest rates six months ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the quickest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Buying more affordable car insurance coverage in Waldoboro can be fairly easy. Basically, everyone who carries car insurance most likely will be able to find better rates. Nevertheless, Maine drivers should learn how insurance companies sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
To find , there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from car insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to find the cheapest insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be accomplished by using one of the methods below.
- If you don’t have a lot of time, the easiest way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This quick form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for every prospective company. Taking the time to complete one form gets rate comparisons from several companies.
- Another way to find better pricing is spending the time to visit the website for every company you want to comare and fill out a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to view quotes from USAA, Safeco and Travelers. You would have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which can be really labor intensive. For a list of links to insurance companies in Waldoboro, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverages with every price quote. If your comparisons have different deductibles it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best in Waldoboro. Just a small difference in coverage limits may cause a big price difference. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more company’s prices provides better odds of finding more affordable rates. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so you should also compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
You may qualify for discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable companies to track driving habits by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- No Charge for an Accident – but companies like Geico, Progressive, and Allstate allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you .
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Waldoboro could trigger savings when getting a .
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, good student, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, good driver, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, good student, student away at school, driver’s education, and passive restraint.
- 21st Century may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, homeowners, 55 and older, and air bags.
- Travelers has discounts for multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, continuous insurance, good student, multi-policy, and student away at school.
- Geico may have discounts that include driver training, daytime running lights, federal employee, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, membership and employees, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Maine, click here to view.
More information is located on the Maine Bureau of Insurance website. Click here for link. Maine drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, learn about insurance regulations, and get help finding coverage.