Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced car insurance can drain your family’s budget and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Comparison shopping is recommended to cut your insurance bill.
People have many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes every six months because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes at your last renewal a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to find out one of the best ways to buy cheaper car insurance.
Waveland car insurance rates are influenced by these factors
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower premium levels. Many things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Better drivers have lower rates – Careful drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. People who have serious violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Get better rates if married – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money when buying car insurance. It usually means you are more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Too many car insurance claims will drive prices up – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Mississippi give better rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- A coverage lapse can increase premiums – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Women pay lower rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Performing a rate comparison can be a daunting task if you aren’t aware of the fastest way to get free quotes. You can waste hours talking to insurance companies in Waveland, or you could save time and use online quotes to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most car insurance companies take part in a program that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and at least one company can provide price quotes based on that data. This eliminates the need for form submissions to each individual car insurance company.
To find out what other companies charge click here to open in new window.
The one downside to using this type of system is that you can’t choose which providers to get pricing from. So if you want to select from a list of companies to request quotes from, we have a listing of the cheapest car insurance companies in Mississippi. Click to view list.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but double check that you are using the same coverages and limits for every company. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to make a fair rate comparison in Waveland. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages or limits can make a big difference in price. Keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps you find the best rates.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Waveland car insurance quotes
Some providers don’t list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains some of the more common and the more hidden car insurance savings. If you do not double check each discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Waveland Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with some car insurance companies.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Travelers offers discounts including early quote, save driver, good student, IntelliDrive, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for student driver, automatic seat belts, homeowners, air bags, 55 and older, defensive driver, and driver training.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, multiple autos, driver’s education, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- Geico may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, good student, military active duty, driver training, and federal employee.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, homeowner, accident prevention training, multi-car, and safe driver.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, good driver, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Captive and independent insurance agents
Many people still like to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that provide for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Captive agents vs. Independent agents
When finding an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can either be independent agents or captive agents.
Captive Car Insurance Agencies
Captive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Captive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are captive agents in Waveland that are able to give comparison quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 137 Highway 90 – Waveland, MS 39576 – (228) 467-2323
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Waveland that can give you price quote information.
Paul Smith Insurance – 603 Highway 90 – Waveland, MS 39576 – (228) 467-1152
Worldwide Insurance III – 210 Highway 90 # D – Waveland, MS 39576 – (228) 466-0083
To view additional car insurance agents in Waveland, please view this list of Waveland car insurance providers.
Once you have satisfactory answers as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly insure your vehicles.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at the Mississippi Insurance Department website. Mississippi consumers can learn about insurance regulations, report car insurance fraud, and read state legal mandates and laws.
Cheaper car insurance rates are out there
More affordable car insurance is definitely available on the web and also from your neighborhood Waveland agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers work with independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce car insurance rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Geico and State Farm.