Did budget coverage turn out to be high-priced car insurance? It’s a common feeling and there are a lot of people in Waverly just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy. Insurance companies such as Allstate, Progressive and Geico all claim big savings, bombarding you with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can use this information to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates in Waverly is not rocket science. Nebraska drivers just need to learn the most effective way to shop for car insurance on the web.
There are several ways to shop for car insurance, and some are more efficient than others. You can spend your afternoon discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in Waverly, or you can stay home and use the web to get pricing more quickly.
Most of the larger companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and each company then returns a price quote determined by their information. This eliminates the need for form submissions for each company.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to doing it this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the companies to get pricing from. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies for rate comparison, we have assembled a list of companies who write car insurance in Nebraska. Click here for list of insurance companies in Nebraska.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, try to use apples-to-apples coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have different liability limits it will be nearly impossible to make a fair rate comparison in Waverly.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers in Nebraska constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings for switching from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to make the point of big savings if you change your policy.
That’s great but how can every company give you a better price? It’s all in the numbers.
Car insurance companies give the cheapest rates for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. For instance, a profitable insured might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, carries high limits, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Someone that meets those criteria will get the preferred rates as well as cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who may not quite match these standards will be charged higher prices and ends up with business not being written. If you listen closely, the ads state “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. This really emphasizes why drivers must get as many as possible. It’s not possible to predict which car insurance company will have the best prices.
Make wise decisions and cut your costs
Many different elements are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Prevent theft and save – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
- Marriage is a bonus – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage may mean you are more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Youthful drivers cost more – Youthful drivers in Nebraska are statistically shown to be inattentive when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents and are safer drivers.
- Know your vehicle’s NHTSA crash test rating – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your vehicle scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Decrease car insurance rates by maintaining coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Nebraska motor vehicle department.
- Cheaper prices for being claim-free – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Nebraska generally give the lowest premiums to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Get cheaper Waverly car insurance with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will give a small break for signing up on your computer.
- Professional Memberships – Joining a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include exclusive group savings, good student, new graduate, teen driver discount, multi-car, newly retired, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family may include discounts for bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for multi-car, teen driver, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for multiple vehicles, anti-lock brakes, paperless, safe vehicle, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, homeowner, accident prevention training, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and multi-car.
Before buying, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To locate insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Waverly, click here to view.
Which is the best car insurance?
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Car insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Waverly who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. A good agent will have answers to these questions.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Nebraska?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Waverly?
Independent or Captive: It’s your choice
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Waverly can be described as either independent or captive. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into buying decisions.
Captive Insurance Agencies
Captive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Captive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Waverly that can give you price quotes.
Nsure Agency Inc – 10440 N 140th St – Waverly, NE 68462 – (402) 786-2335
Horace Mann Insurance Co – 10824 N 142nd St – Waverly, NE 68462 – (402) 786-0466
To view more Waverly insurance agents, see this directory of insurance agents in Waverly, NE.
When you , do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Lower-priced car insurance can be found online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Additional car insurance links
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Nebraska Department of Insurance website. Consumers can file complaints about a company, find out industry alerts, download brochures, and get help finding coverage.