Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, many Wheaton consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Consumers have many insurers to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews since insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best deal last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Don’t believe everything you read about car insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some great ideas on how to save money.
Pricing cheaper coverage in Wheaton is easy if you know what you’re doing. Essentially everyone who carries car insurance will most likely be able to find lower rates. Nevertheless, Illinois vehicle owners must learn how insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Cheap Wheaton Car Insurance Comparisons
When shopping for car insurance there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from different in Wheaton, ILinsurance companies. The best way to find competitive insurance rates is to get quotes online. This can be accomplished in several different ways.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-66.jpg" alt="Wheaton insurance quotes“/>
- One of the best ways to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Filling out one form gets you price quotes .
- A different way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a trip to the website for every company you want to comare to complete their respective quote request forms. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare State Farm, Esurance and American Family. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Wheaton, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but make sure you use the exact same coverage limits on every quote. If you use different values for each quote it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best in Wheaton. Slightly different insurance coverages could mean much higher rates. And when quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more company’s prices will increase your chances of finding the best price.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Wheaton may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with a few car insurance companies.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Additional information is located on the website for the Illinois Department of Insurance located here. Visitors are able to file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, report car insurance fraud, discover disciplinary actions, and view a list of available companies.
In the end, you save
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for car insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.