Shopping for the cheapest Jacksonville car insurance on the internet can seem to be somewhat difficult for consumers not familiar with comparison shopping online. With dozens of insurers available, how can consumers even start to compare every company to locate the best price?
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes every six months because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best deal two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the right way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Pricing the cheapest car insurance in Jacksonville is easy if you know what you’re doing. But Arkansas car owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Learn How to Lower your Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Arkansas give lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Make sure your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Car features impact rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving without insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Arkansas motor vehicle department.
Discounts can save BIG
Companies don’t always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts in Arkansas, click here.
More information about car insurance
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Arkansas Insurance Department website. Consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find out industry alerts, and download brochures.
Other related articles:
- 5 Simple Tricks to Cut Auto Insurance Costs in Jacksonville, FL
- 7 Shopping Tips Shown to Save Money on Auto Insurance Costs in Jacksonville
- Lower Rates from Jacksonville Car Insurance Agencies
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to reduce car insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service or delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.