Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, there are lots of people in the same boat.
Drivers have so many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, having more insurers makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes occasionally because insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the best deal two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance on the internet, so with this article, you’re going to get some guaranteed methods to stop overpaying for insurance.
Finding the best rates in Kannapolis is not that difficult. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Although North Carolina vehicle owners must learn the way insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Don’t miss these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every available discount very well, so we break down both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Student in College – Kids in college who live away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can earn a substantially lower rate.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
When might I need help?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help highlight if you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Additional auto insurance links
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at the North Carolina Department of Insurance website. North Carolina drivers can read state legal mandates and laws, read industry bulletins, and learn about specific coverages.
One last thing about your coverage
The cheapest auto insurance can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Kannapolis agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
You just learned some good ideas how to compare auto insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.