Consumers not familiar with buying insurance online might discover finding affordable Kirkwood car insurance nearly impossible.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis since rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best rates on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to buy cheaper car insurance.
The purpose of this article is to teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Nevertheless, Missouri car owners need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but a few need to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
Save Money with These Tips
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- Please use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Only having one moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with flagrant tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Your deductibles define the amount you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The more money you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Getting married can actually save you money when buying car insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- High performance equals high price – The performance of the vehicle you own makes a significant difference in your rates. Low performance passenger vehicles generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Can’t I compare rates from local Kirkwood agents?
Some consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for small agencies is important especially in Kirkwood.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Kirkwood who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Now that’s easy! Get lower rates and work with a local agent.
The difference between Kirkwood insurance agencies
When finding an insurance agent, there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Kirkwood can either be captive or independent (non-captive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to include at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Kirkwood who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Lombardi Insurance Inc – 10726 Manchester Rd # 214 – Kirkwood, MO 63122 – (314) 966-2218
- Loretta F Bryant Insurance – 426 Rose Ln – Kirkwood, MO 63122 – (314) 965-0486
These agents are contracted to one company such as Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only choose to use a captive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Listed below are captive agencies in Kirkwood that can give you rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 10702 Manchester Rd # 204 – Kirkwood, MO 63122 – (314) 821-1920
- Shelter Insurance – 11136 Manchester Rd # 208 – Kirkwood, MO 63122 – (314) 822-9210
- Allstate Insurance – 12203 Big Bend Rd – Kirkwood, MO 63122 – (314) 821-6512
- State Farm Insurance – 244 W Essex Ave – Kirkwood, MO 63122 – (314) 821-1151
For a full directory of captive insurance agents in Kirkwood, visit this site.
Picking an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Upon receiving positive responses as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that will adequately provide car insurance.
Additional car insurance information is available on the Missouri Department of Insurance website through this link. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, get help finding coverage, and find out industry alerts.
And the best car insurance company is…
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Budget-conscious car insurance is definitely available on the web and with local Kirkwood insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented many ideas to get a better price on car insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.