Are you intimidated by the crazy number of auto insurance options in Klamath Falls? You have a lot of company. You have so many options that it can be a big hassle to locate the lowest price.
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices once or twice a year because prices change frequently. Just because you found the best price a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Starting now, forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the proper way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will bring down your premiums.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Oregon, click here.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost in Klamath Falls
All major auto insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm quote prices for coverage online. Obtaining pricing doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply enter into the quote form. After you submit the form the system orders information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information based on these factors.
Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to several different sites and type in the same information can be a bit repetitive. But it is imperative to do this if you want to find the lowest price.
Quote rates the easy way
A quicker way to lower your rates is to use a quote form to return rates from several companies at one time. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates repetitive work, and makes quoting online much simpler. As soon as you send your information, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the resulting price quotes.
If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, click here and begin entering your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will get a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Discount auto insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many Klamath Falls insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
You just learned a lot of tips how to save on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest premiums are with a smaller regional carrier.