Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced auto insurance? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of people in the same boat. Companies like GEICO and Progressive continually bombard you with catchy ads and it can be hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around yearly because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the lowest rates two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Deridder is easy if you know what you’re doing. Louisiana drivers just need to learn the most efficient way to get comparison quotes on the web.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes in Deridder, LA
There are multiple methods to shop for auto insurance, but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could waste time talking about coverages with agents in Deridder, or you could save time and use the internet to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Many popular insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to enter their coverage request one time, and at least one company returns a rated price based on that data. This eliminates the need for form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
The only downside to comparing rates this way is you can’t choose the insurers you want pricing from. So if you prefer to pick individual companies to compare, we put together a list of companies who write auto insurance in Louisiana. View list of Louisiana insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use the exact same coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to determine the best price in Deridder.
Drivers who switch save $494 a year? Really?
Louisiana drivers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies make the same claim about savings if you move to them.
How do they all say the same thing?
Different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk might be profiled as between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has great credit. A propective insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who fall outside this ideal profile will be quoted higher rates which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why you should get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
Why your price might be higher
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into prices.
- Drive less and save money – Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage.
- How’s your driving record? – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Just one ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Older drivers save more – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be more careless behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Distant Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Deridder may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Deridder, click here.
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Deridder?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Louisiana?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
And the best car insurance company is…
We’ve covered a lot of information how to reduce auto insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a small mutual company. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Affordable auto insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Deridder agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
More sites with auto insurance information
Even more information can be found at the Louisiana Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to discover disciplinary actions, file complaints about a company, and get help finding coverage.