If shopping for is new to you, you can be overwhelmed due to the large selection of companies offering insurance in Eufaula.
You need to do price comparisons as often as possible because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest price a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the right way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is provide a little information including how much coverage you want, the ages of drivers, if your license is active, and distance driven. That rating information gets transmitted to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes immediately.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Cheaper rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow companies to track where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors could receive a discount up to 10%.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- The Hartford may include discounts for good student, defensive driver, air bag, bundle, and driver training.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, TimeAway discount, air bags, good driver, early bird, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers discounts include hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, save driver, home ownership, student away at school, good student, and early quote.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for pay in full, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, switch companies, youthful driver, and alternative fuel.
- USAA may offer discounts for annual mileage, new vehicle, good student, military installation, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly retired, teen driver discount, new move discount, good student, exclusive group savings, newly married, and preferred payment discount.
If you are trying to find , ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Eufaula. If you would like to view providers with discount rates in Alabama, click this link.
When to contact an insurance agency
A lot of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is especially important in Eufaula.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to find a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Eufaula can be classified as either captive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are Eufaula independent insurance agents that can give you pricing information.
- Bowman Insurance Co – 204 E Broad St – Eufaula, AL 36027 – (334) 687-8234
- Aly Insurance – 110 E Broad St – Eufaula, AL 36027 – (334) 687-4211
Captive agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive insurance agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often purchase coverage from captives partially due to the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Listed below are Eufaula captive agencies that can give you price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 322 E Barbour St – Eufaula, AL 36027 – (334) 687-7034
To find insurance agencies near you, you can link to this complete selection of insurance agencies in Eufaula.
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
What impacts Eufaula insurance costs?
Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
- Small coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can waste your money on your policy. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
- Liability protection risk factors in – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Know your vehicle’s IIHS safety rating – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If your car has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Stay claim-free and save – Auto insurance companies in Alabama award cheaper rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Performance makes a difference – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums are for small economy passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Car insurance myths debunked
Well-known car insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the companies make the point about savings if you get a free and switch your car insurance coverage to their company. But how can every company lower your prices? This is the way they can do it.
Most companies have specific criteria for the right customer that earns them the highest profit. An example of a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no claims, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any person that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best prices and have a good chance to save money with a new company.
Potential insureds who may not quite match this stringent profile may be required to pay a more expensive rate and this can result in the customer not purchasing. The ads say “people who switch” not “all people who quote” save that much when switching. That’s why companies can make claims that they all have the best auto insurance rates.
That is why drivers must do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because you never know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Quote often and quote early
People leave their current company for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cost effective car insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Eufaula, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer online price quotes and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of information how to compare car insurance auto insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
More information about car insurance
Additional information is available on the Alabama Department of Insurance website through this link. Alabama consumers can find disaster information, learn about insurance regulations, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and get help finding coverage.