Overpriced car insurance can drain your savings account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing price quotes is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill. Drivers have multiple car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes in Greer
Reducing your insurance rates can be relatively painless. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes to get quotes provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The most efficient way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. One form gets you coverage quotes from all major companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to shop for car insurance online requires a visit to each company website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, let’s assume you want rates from USAA, Safeco and Progressive. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in Greer, click here.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using the exact same coverages and limits with every price quote. If you enter mixed coverages it’s impossible to find the best deal in Greer.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but some must be manually applied in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of companies with the best car insurance discounts in Greer, follow this link.
More information can be read on the website for the South Carolina Department of Insurance found here. South Carolina consumers can learn about insurance regulations, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, find out industry alerts, and find out which companies have the most complaints.