Finding affordable Bladensburg auto insurance can be nearly impossible for consumers not familiar with buying insurance online. Drivers have so many choices that it can turn into a ton of work to compare prices in Bladensburg.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the best deal six months ago there may be better deals available now. Starting now, forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest and easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Maryland, click this link.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What is the minimum liability in Maryland?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Your insurance agent down the street
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent. Educated insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Bladensburg who will battle for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier!
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
Multiple types of insurance agencies in Bladensburg
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Agents can either be independent or captive. While both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it may influence the type of agent you choose
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents write business for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captives receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from captives primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, we recommend you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Listed below are Bladensburg independent insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Zenith Insurance – 5800 Annapolis Rd # 207 – Bladensburg, MD 20710 – (301) 497-6063
- Classic Insurance – 5639 Annapolis Rd – Bladensburg, MD 20710 – (301) 699-3344
To view a complete directory of insurance agents in Bladensburg, please go to this site.
Upon receiving reasonable responses to these questions and a low price estimate, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide auto insurance.
More resources for learning
Even more information can be read at the Maryland Insurance Administration website. Consumers can discover disciplinary actions, file complaints about a company, and find disaster information.
Shop smart and save
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like high prices, policy cancellation, denial of a claim or high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Low-cost auto insurance is definitely available on the web and with local Bladensburg insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.