Nobody that owns a car fancies paying their premiums for car insurance, especially when they are aware that the cost is too high. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, Geico and Allstate promote their brand names with ad campaigns and it is difficult to sift through the bull and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to compare rates yearly because rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the best deal last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the fastest and easiest way to find lower rates on car insurance.
If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Molalla is easy if you know what you’re doing. Oregon drivers just need to know the proper way to compare price quotes on the web.
Six ways to find car insurance at a discount in Molalla
Many factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
- Younger drivers pay more – Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents , and usually have better credit.Teen drivers tend to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- High performance equals high premiums – The type of car, truck or SUV you drive makes a huge difference in your premium level. The lowest performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Prices can be impacted by your occupation – Occupations such as real estate brokers, social workers and emergency personnel are shown to have higher rates than average because of high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, professions such as farmers, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Safety first – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If your car, truck, or SUV scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
- You might get higher costs if you are single – Having a spouse can get you a discount when shopping for car insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Earn discounts on Oregon car insurance
Some companies don’t always publicize all disounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you . If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Early and Save – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive better car insurance rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will help lower your overall bill.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Geico has discounts for driver training, air bags, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, good driver, passive restraint, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Esurance has savings for Pac-12 alumni, DriveSense, claim free, emergency road assistance, homeowner, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, good student, defensive driver, air bag, and bundle.
If you are trying to find , ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in Molalla. If you would like to see a list of insurers with the best car insurance discounts in Molalla, follow this link.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Many drivers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Good agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find better rates and also buy local. Supporting small agencies is especially important in Molalla.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
When searching for a local Molalla insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Agents in Molalla are classified as either captive or independent. Either type can sell car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are Molalla independent insurance agencies that can possibly get you price quote information.
Mid Valley Insurance – 28399 S Highway 213 – Molalla, OR 97038 – (503) 829-6612
Sandgren-Kyllo Insurance Svc – 248 Center Ave – Molalla, OR 97038 – (503) 829-2255
Pacific Rim Agency – 213 N Molalla Ave – Molalla, OR 97038 – (503) 829-9727
Captive Insurance Agencies
Captive agents can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Captive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Molalla?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Oregon?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
After you get satisfactory answers to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Oregon drivers can’t escape the ads that claim the lowest rates from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and Geico. All the ads make the same claim that you’ll save big if you switch your policy.
How is it possible that every company can charge you a lower premium? It’s all in the words they use.
Car insurance companies have specific guidelines for the right customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A customer who fits that profile receives the best prices and will most likely save when switching.
Insureds who do not fit these stringent criteria will see higher rates with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The wording the ads use say “people that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
This illustrates why it is so important to do a quote comparison often. It’s just not possible to know which company will have the best prices.
Much more information about car insurance in Oregon is available on the found here. Visitors are able to get help finding coverage, find disaster information, and read state legal mandates and laws.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Low-cost car insurance is possible online and with local Molalla insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented many ideas to reduce car insurance premium rates online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Geico and State Farm.