Are you regretting the purchase of an expensive auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of Seymour residents who feel the same. Insurance companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO constantly blast consumers with catchy ads and it is difficult to ignore the flashy ads and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a good idea to quote other rates yearly because auto insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best rate on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Affordable Seymour auto insurance quotes online
There are several ways to obtain and compare prices from lots of Indiana auto insurance companies. The best way to find the cheapest insurance rates is to get quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
If you’re in a hurry, the quickest way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This form eliminates the need for a different quote for every prospective company. One form will return price quotes from all major companies.
A more difficult way to compare rate quotes requires visiting the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Auto-Owners, Progressive and State Farm. You would be required to spend time going to each site individually and enter your information, which can be really labor intensive.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Seymour, click here.
The hardest method to get rate quotes is making phone calls or going to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates this option unless you want the trained advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. You can, however, price shop your coverage online but buy the policy through an agent.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but be certain you are entering identical information for each quote you get. If you use different coverage information you can’t possibly make an equal comparison in Seymour. Even a minor difference in insurance coverages or limits can make a big difference in price. Just remember that comparing a large number of companies helps you find lower pricing. Not every company does prices over the internet, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from them as well.
Cheap Indiana auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list every available discount very well, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you .
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive for completing your application over the internet.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies offer discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount should help lower your policy premium.
If you would like to view insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Indiana, click here to view.
Get rate quotes or from car insurance agents
Many people just want to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Seymour
When narrowing the list to find local Seymour agents, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Seymour can be categorized as either independent agents or captive agents depending on their employer.
Captive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents write business for a single company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Captive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are captive agencies in Seymour willing to provide price quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 914 E Tipton St – Seymour, IN 47274 – (812) 522-7300
State Farm Insurance – 114 E Tipton St – Seymour, IN 47274 – (812) 522-2975
American Family Insurance – 1118 E 4th Street Rd – Seymour, IN 47274 – (812) 522-2333
Farm Bureau Insurance – 310 S Airport Rd – Seymour, IN 47274 – (812) 522-8775
Shelter Insurance – 1412 E Tipton St – Seymour, IN 47274 – (812) 523-1062
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Seymour willing to provide price quote information.
Reedy Insurance Svc – 1501 W Tipton St # 1 – Seymour, IN 47274 – (812) 522-8329
ABC Insurance Ctr – 900 W Tipton St – Seymour, IN 47274 – (812) 522-8713
To view additional licensed insurance agents in Seymour, you can see this list of auto insurance agents in Seymour.
Once you have received acceptable answers to all your questions and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance.
What determines the cost of auto insurance?
Many different elements are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but some are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find better auto insurance rates.
- Low comp and collision deductibles mean high premiums – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, flood damage, and windstorm damage. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Multiple policies with one company – Lots of insurance companies will award lower prices to customers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare other insurance prices to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- More performance means higher rates – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for low performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- High auto insurance claims frequency drives up prices – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in Indiana award discounts to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
The ad said I’d save $487 a year!
Respected companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on television and other media. They all make the same claim that you can save if you move your auto insurance policy to them. How does every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Insurance companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. One example of this type of risk profile might have to be a married female, has few claims, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A customer who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest car insurance rates in Seymour and have a good chance to save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who do not fit those standards may be forced to pay a higher premium which results in business going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save the amount stated. That is how companies can truthfully state the savings. This emphasizes why drivers must compare as many as you can. It’s not possible to predict with any certainty which company will have the best prices for your profile.
Lower rates by being persistent
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an accident victim reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
We just covered a lot of techniques to compare auto insurance car insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Drivers may discover the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Some auto insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents. Cheaper auto insurance is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Seymour, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
More sites with auto insurance information
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at the Indiana Department of Insurance website. Indiana consumers can find out industry alerts, read state legal mandates and laws, file complaints about a company, and find a variety of consumer forms.