If you are new to online price comparisons, chances are good that you are bewildered by the crazy number of online auto insurance companies and websites all promising to save you money.
You need to shop coverage around at least once a year since prices change frequently. If you had the best rates on your last policy you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the right way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Comparing auto insurance rates can be a daunting task if you don’t understand the fastest way to get free quotes. You can waste hours discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in Lancaster, or you could save time and use the web to achieve your goal.
Many of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and at least one company provides a quote based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating quote forms for every auto insurance company.
To compare rates using this form now click here to start a free quote.
One minor caviat to comparing rates this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which providers you want pricing from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of auto insurance companies in New York. Click here to view list.
The method you choose is up to you, but do your best to use exactly the same coverages and limits on every price quote you get. If you compare different data then you won’t be able to determine which company has the best rates in Lancaster.
Get affordable New York auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these disounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Lancaster Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you .
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better auto insurancerates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used car can get you a discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your overall bill.
To see companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Lancaster, follow this link.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Do no-fault laws apply in New York?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Additional detailed information can be read at the New York Department of Financial Services website. Consumers can find out industry alerts, find out which companies have the most complaints, and find a variety of consumer forms.
Other related articles:
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, policy cancellation, high prices or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
When you , it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company.