People who are new to buying insurance online will discover finding cheap Lansing car insurance to be a formidable task.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Lansing can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Lansing, click this link.
Where Can I Get Cheap Lansing Car Insurance?
There are several ways to compare car insurance quotes, and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can spend countless hours talking to agents in Lansing, or you can stay home and use the web to get prices fast.
All the larger companies participate in a marketplace where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and each participating company provides a quote based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quote requests for every car insurance company.
To compare pricing click here to start a free quote.
The only downside to getting quotes like this is that consumers can’t choose which insurance companies to get pricing from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to compare prices, we have assembled a list of low cost car insurance companies in Michigan. Click here for list of insurance companies in Michigan.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just compare apples-to-apples quote information on every quote you get. If you enter mixed coverages it will be impossible to determine the best price in Lansing. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may cause a big price difference. And when comparison shopping, more quotes will enable you to find lower pricing.
One last thing
You just read many ideas to save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.