Price shopping your Broadway car insurance can seem to be challenging for drivers new to online insurance quotes. There are so many choices that it can quickly become a difficult mission to find the perfect company for you.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick most of the larger companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide details such as deductibles desired, the year, make and model of vehicles, if you have a valid license, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. Your insurance information gets sent immediately to multiple car insurance providers and you receive quotes almost instantly.
To check rates for your car now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you .
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Broadway may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Travelers offers premium reductions for IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, good student, payment discounts, student away at school, and continuous insurance.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for homeowners, 55 and older, defensive driver, teen driver, theft prevention, and air bags.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, membership and employees, federal employee, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO offers discounts including homeowner, bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safe driver, multi-car, accident prevention training, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and education and occupation.
If you want , ask every company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not be offered in Broadway. To see car insurance companies with discount rates in Virginia, click this link.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Do no-fault laws apply in Virginia?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
More information can be found on the website for the Virginia Bureau of Insurance found here. Consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, read industry bulletins, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
You just read quite a bit of information on how to save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding . Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount car insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local Broadway insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.