Are you sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other car owners in New Jersey. Numerous insurers battle for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to discover the definitive lowest cost out there.
You should take the time to compare prices quite often since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best rates two years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use the internet to buy cheaper car insurance.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Finding the best rates in Garfield is easy if you know what you’re doing. New Jersey drivers just need to know the best way to get comparison rates online.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount with select insurance companies.
- Sign Online – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Garfield?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Aren’t my neighborhood agents an option?
Some people would rather buy from a local agent. Educated insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Garfield who will compete to get your business. There is no reason to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. Now that’s easy!<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-38.jpg" alt="New Jersey car insurance“/>
Picking a company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Insurance agent types
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents to choose from. Agents are categorized either independent (non-captive) or captive. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the differences since it can impact your agent selection.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents have only one company to place business with and examples are AAA, Allstate and State Farm. Captives cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agents are trained well in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company but instead can place your coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you contact multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Garfield that are able to give rate quotes.
Insurance Depot – – Garfield, NJ 7026 – (973) 340-6015
Loyas Agency – – Garfield, NJ 7026 – (973) 478-1234
Kozma Insurance – 40 Van Winkle Ave – Garfield, NJ 07026 – (973) 478-7111
For a complete listing of Garfield insurance agents, please view this page.
Upon getting reasonable responses to your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
Additional resources for New Jersey consumers
More detailed New Jersey car insurance information is located at the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance website. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, report car insurance fraud, find out industry alerts, and download brochures.
Online plus local equals savings
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just showed you many ideas to save on car insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Affordable car insurance can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Garfield, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.