If you’ve never shopped for auto insurance online, you may be overwhelmed by the sheer number of auto insurance companies competing for business in Carrollton.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because rates are constantly changing. If you had the lowest price on your last policy you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to quote online to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Finding the best rates in Carrollton is quite easy. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. But Texas consumers must know how companies compete online.
Compare Auto Insurance Today
The are a couple different ways of comparing rates from auto insurance companies in your area. The recommended way to find competitive insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests for every auto insurance company. One form submission will get you rate comparisons from many national carriers. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to compare rate quotes requires visiting the website of each company and fill out their own quote form. For example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, Safeco and Travelers. You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Carrollton, click here.
- The most time-consuming way of comparing rate quotes is to drive around to local insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the trained guidance that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to price shop online and still use a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare identical coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If each company quotes different values for each quote it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate in Carrollton. Just a small difference in coverages may cause a big price difference. Keep in mind that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting lower pricing.
What about using a local agent?
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get better rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. There is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. Now that’s easy! You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent.
Deciding on a company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
Listed below are Carrollton insurers that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 1001 E Hebron Pkwy # 114, Carrollton, TX 75010 – (972) 394-8745
- Nationwide Insurance – 1840 E Rosemeade Pkwy, Carrollton, TX 75007 – (972) 394-7970
- State Farm Insurance – 2540 Old Denton Rd # 311, Carrollton, TX 75006 – (972) 466-2005
- Liberty Mutual Insurance – 4125 Fairway Dr # 132, Carrollton, TX 75010 – (972) 242-2255
- Dealey Insurance – 3740 N Josey Ln, Carrollton, TX 75007 – (972) 939-6886
- Farmers Insurance Group – 3019 Cemetery Hill Rd, Carrollton, TX 75007 – (972) 242-6646
- Texas Colonial General Agency – 1925 E Belt Line Rd, Carrollton, TX 75006 – (972) 416-6991
To view a full list of Carrollton insurance agents, visit this link.
Upon receiving reasonable responses and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an provider that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Read more about Texas auto insurance
Additional detailed information is located at the Texas Department of Insurance website. Texas drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, find disaster information, download brochures, and learn about specific coverages.
These articles may also be worth reading.