There isn’t a single person who anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that it costs too dang much. Companies like Geico and Progressive continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable coverage in Ripley is not that difficult. Mississippi drivers just need to understand the best way to get comparison rates online.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as daily mileage, if the vehicle is leased, level of coverage desired, and whether you have decent credit. Your details is then submitted to multiple auto insurance providers and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and complete the quick form.
Discounts for lower Mississippi auto insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you .
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – but certain companies may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, multi-vehicle, early bird, defensive driver, and Steer into Savings.
- Farm Bureau discounts include youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, safe driver, multi-policy, and driver training.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, good student, multiple policy, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and passive restraint.
- Travelers may offer discounts for early quote, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, and student away at school.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- Geico has savings for federal employee, daytime running lights, military active duty, air bags, multi-policy, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Ripley. To see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Ripley, click here to view.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Ripley.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents can be classified as either independent or captive depending on the company they work for. Either type can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can factor into the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a list of independent agents in Ripley who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Jackson Insurance – 1308 City Ave N – Ripley, MS 38663 – (662) 837-7036
Mc Neil Agency – 2009 City Ave N – Ripley, MS 38663 – (662) 837-3700
Ripley Insurance – 502 City Ave S – Ripley, MS 38663 – (662) 837-8874
Agents that choose to be captive work for only one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Captive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a short list of captive agents in Ripley who can help you get rate quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 612 City Ave S – Ripley, MS 38663 – (662) 837-9094
Farm Bureau Insurance – 1909 City Ave N – Ripley, MS 38663 – (662) 837-8330
To see available insurance agencies near you, you may want to view this directory of auto insurance agents in Ripley.
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the price. Before buying a policy, get answers to these questions.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Additional auto insurance information is located on the . Click here for link. Mississippi consumers can view a list of available companies, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, find disaster information, and report car insurance fraud.
Other informative sites include these car insurance answers and this link where you can make Ripley auto insurance comparisons.
One last thing
When you , it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Geico and State Farm.
A few companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents. Discount auto insurance can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Ripley, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.