No one likes paying for auto insurance, especially when their premiums are too high.
Many insurers vie for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the best coverage at the best rates possible.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons once or twice a year since rates change regularly. Even if you got the best deal last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. So block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the best ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Finding the best rates in Rochester Hills is quite easy. But Michigan vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Free Rochester Hills Auto Insurance Quotes
All major auto insurance companies give coverage prices directly from their websites. Getting online quotes is pretty painless as you simply enter as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on these factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, but the work required to visit different websites and type in the same information is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s very important to do this in order to get better auto insurance pricing.
A quicker way to lower your auto insurance bill utilizes a single form that obtains quotes from a lot of companies. This type of form saves time, requires less work, and makes rate comparisons much more enjoyable. As soon as the form is sent, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any one of the returned quotes. If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and can result in significant savings.
To compare rates using this form now, click here to open in a new tab and begin entering your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will get a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Rochester Hills may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Rochester Hills, click this link.
Tips to Get Lower Rochester Hills Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Please use or commuting – The more you drive in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Better credit means lower rates – Credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your by improving your credit score. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – Auto insurance companies in Michigan provide lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- How’s your driving record? – Only having one speeding ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with flagrant tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing coverage and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
Additional detailed information can be read at the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation website. Consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, learn about insurance regulations, find disaster information, and read state legal mandates and laws.
Ads can be misleading
Auto insurance providers like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all make an identical promise of big savings if you change to them. But how can every company say the same thing?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. A good example of a driver they prefer might be between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. Any driver who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who do not match the “perfect” profile will be charged a more expensive rate and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. That is why you need to quote coverage with many companies. Because you never know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
More quotes mean more savings
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare auto insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company. Some small companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive and Geico.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.